Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Lexus Expert
8257649

Lexus ES 350: How do I replace the low beam headlight in a

How do I replace the low beam headlight in a 2008 ES 350
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for choosing JustAnswer and allowing me to help you resolve your Lexus questions!

Do you have the regular halogen headlight bulbs or do you have HID (high intensity discharge) style headlight bulbs?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I believe that they are H7 which is regular halogen. They do not follow the front wheels i.e. not "adaptive:
The low beam headlight has a rubber boot type seal over it. Once electrical connector is removed from the plug/bulb assembly rubber boot needs to be disconnected and pulled off the back of the headlight assembly. Then there is a wire spring clamp that has to be pushed down slid over and then popped out this will allow the bulb holder mechanism to remove from the headlight assembly. This is pretty tight while doing in the vehicle especially on the battery side. The factory recommends pulling the headlight assembly but that includes removing the bumper cover. Typically you can get your hands in there if you work at it. Click the links below for additional information LINK1 LINK2
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The boot just pulls off? Or does it twist off? Further, Can I reuse the "push pins" that hold the cover panels on or should I get a bunch a replace them all once they are used once?
Push pin that has a center that pushes in then the clip removes typically can be reused. The other style is an external pull out type and those the inner portion pops up then the whole pin is pulled out. There are two different styles of rubber boot. Most of them just peel off and there is one style and I don't remember on that specific year whether not it is attached to this that turns one click to the left. Try turning it slightly to the left if it does not want to pop loose and come off then it is the style of boot that just pulls off the outer headlight assembly. Sometimes the inner portion will stick to the bulb assembly due to the heat generated.
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: Lexus Expert