Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Lexus Expert
8257649

Lexus ES350: Lexus 2008 ES350 - The low tire pressure warning

Lexus 2008 ES350 - The low tire pressure warning light came on and I can't get it to turn off. I've added air to all four tires twice and that did not help. The tires are only about 3 weeks old and have never looked like they needed air.
I'd like some advise before I pay a Lexus dealer to fix it.
Thanks,
Mike C.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for choosing JustAnswer and allowing me to help you resolve your Lexus questions!

Has the tire light been on since the tires were installed?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No. It's been on for the last 5 days. I purchased the tires on Dec. 3rd.
Did you try to use the reset button that is in the glovebox?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No. I didn't know there was a reset button. Is it just for this light?
This year has a couple of things possibly going on here. Inside the glovebox there is a switch that is for your main set of tires or a set of snow tires. This can be toggle back and forth if you use this option. On the driver side lower finish panel by your knees at the very bottom there is a reset button. If you push and hold this reset button with the ignition key in the on position the tire pressure warning light should flash three times and go out. If it does then the system is reset. If it simply just goes out then comes back on then there is a malfunction in the tire pressure warning system or one of the pressures is not correct. This model also had the option of the regular full-size spare tire versus a compact tire if you have a full-size tire you need to inspect the air pressure in the spare tire. If it is low it will causes like to stay on.