Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Lexus Expert

2002 lexus ls430: how much does it cost to replace the starter

how much does it cost to replace the starter on the 2002 lexus ls430, parts and labor itemised
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for choosing JustAnswer and allowing me to help you resolve your Lexus questions!

List price on the Lexus starter, part number 28100-50110 is $260. If you go to you can purchase it online at wholesale prices for $206. The starter is located under the intake manifold. Depending on where you go to have it replaced you will see quotes anywhere from four hours labor up to as high as eight hours labor. There is a labor guide but when it comes down to it very few people follow it is just that a guide. Some people are better or faster at doing these and cut the time way down. If you shoot for an average of six hours labor times your local labor rate and that can vary from $60 an hour to as high as $130 an hour depending on where you live. You're looking at an average labor price of about $600. My advice to you would be to call around and find out where your best rate is. With the information that I have given you at least you'll be able to make an educated decision on where to have the repair done.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Apart from the starter, will I have to pay additonal charges for gaskets and other material that I am told will be needed during replacement. What will be the cost of these additional items
Usually there is just a couple of minor intake manifold gaskets one for the upper Plenum and one each that set on the cylinder head. Typically they are not very expensive. If you need those part numbers I can look them up for you. At the most you would be looking at is probably $50 or $60 in gaskets. Some shops will include the gaskets into the overall price. Just make sure that the shop clarifies their estimate.