LexusPro
LexusPro, ASE Master Certified
Experience:  Lexus Master Certified, 11 yrs w/ Lexus Dealership, Elite of Lexus 2000-2011, 17yrs Auto Industry

Lexus gs 300: how to reset the power automatic windows/sunroof/remote

Customer Question

how to reset the power automatic windows/sunroof/remote unlock after replacing the car battery on a GS(NNN) NNN-NNNNLexus
Category: Lexus
Expert:  LexusPro replied 2 years ago.

LexusPro :

Hello and Welcome to JustAnswer. I am reviewing your question and will be back with you in just a second.

LexusPro :

To reinitialize the windows, press the down button for 2 seconds then hold the up button all the way to the top and hold for two seconds at the top of its travel. That procedure will have to be done by the switch on each of the four doors.To reinitalize the sunroor press and hold the tili up button until it opens and closes completely.

Customer :

what about the remote, it now doesnt unlock

LexusPro :

Press the lock and unlock button on the door. Also make sure all of the door are closed and the light on the remote lights up when pressing the unlock button. If it doesn't the battrey in the remote may need to be replaced.

Customer :

how do i pay you once i check the results....

Customer :

or did i already pay?

LexusPro :

Just click the accept button.

LexusPro :

If you have any more questions feel free to ask.

Customer :

does the car have to be on when im doing these reprogramming ...if not then what set does it have to be on,no brake and push power button on once or no break pushing start button twice?

LexusPro :

The car needs to be on, either running or just in the on position.

Customer :

ok hold on im going down to were my car right is now to try, its about 15 min away, i will Gladly pay you after ive tryed this, your sevices are GREATLY APPRECIATED SIR.......give me about 30 min

LexusPro :

Ok. Just let me know if you need more help.

Customer :

so i drove down to were my car is getting detailed and no luck sir........

Customer :

drove down to were the car was getting detailed and no luck sir,

Customer :

windows will go dwn and up but it wont automatically roll down itself after holding it down for a couple seconds...... and now the sunroof only tilits up, nothing more

LexusPro :

The procedure must be done by the switch on each door. Press the button in the down position and hold it. You can hold it until it is all the way down and hold it and then hold it until it is all the way up and hold it. When you hold it at the bottom and top, hold the switch in the up and down position for at least 2 senonds. As for the sunroof start with it completely closed. Then press and hold the tilt up button until it tilts up, down and slides open and closed. That is the procedure to reinitalize, I perform it multiple times every day on that model.

LexusPro :

The procedure for the windows is also outlined on page 61 of the owners manual. The sunroof is on page 138.

Customer :

will be picking up the car in 45 min, better for me to try it once car is back at home w me, sorry for the delay but i will get back w you once again once ive accomplished this reinitalizing....sorry but i bought y car used and no owners manuel

LexusPro :

Ok.

Customer :

ok sir are you there? just got car back home, thanks for the wait....so i got the windows to work and the remote unlock so thank you very much sir!!! as for the sunroof it opened once as you stated, so i tryed to open automatically and it didnt respond at all, not even to open manually?

LexusPro :

Make sure the sunroof is completely closed. Then press and hold the up button until it tilts up, and then tilts down.It will then slide open and back closed. Make sure to press and hold the UP button until the entire procedure is completed.

Customer :

ok hold on let me try, give me two min sir

Customer :

no go boss, any other suggestions

LexusPro :

That is the initalization procedure. You will need to check all of the fuses inside the car and under the hood. There are fuses under the hood, both left and right front kick panels and one in the trunk on the drivers side. If all of the fuses are good and the initalization procedure did not work you will need to see a dealer as outlined in the owners manual. There may be some damage to the sunroof ecu due to battery replacement, jumpstarting or reverse polarity.

Customer :

ok i THANK YOU very much sir... im definetly happy with the feedback, how do i confirm payment

Customer :

did you say hit accept

Customer :

one last question, are the fuses labeled for the sunroof in every section described sir

Customer :

what status (on or off position) does the car have to be in when checking the fuse

Customer :

Thank You Sir!!!

LexusPro :

There are multiple fuses that control the sunroof/multiplexing system. Make sure that you check all of the fuses.

LexusPro, ASE Master Certified
Experience: Lexus Master Certified, 11 yrs w/ Lexus Dealership, Elite of Lexus 2000-2011, 17yrs Auto Industry
Expert:  LexusPro replied 2 years ago.
If you have further questions please reply to this link. I will be glad to help.
Expert:  LexusPro replied 2 years ago.
Ok.