lexpert
lexpert, Lexus Master tech
Experience:  Master Certified with lexus, 8 years experience with Lexus
9414525

I have a lexus RX300. The VSC Light, Trac Off, Engine Check Lights all came on while I was

I have a lexus RX300. The VSC Light, Trac Off, Engine Check Lights all came on while I was driving. Then the car slowly decelerated to a stop. Can't accelerate to more than 30miles. Even then, the car slowly decelerates to zero. Please help!!!
Category: Lexus
Expert:  lexpert replied 5 years ago.
Hello and thank you for using just answer! Was ay work done to it before this issue? Did you recently refuel? Is the engine lacking power to accelerate or is th engine racing with no speed increase?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I refueled two days ago. The car was checked for water and oil. The levels were okay. Car starts alright but no acceleration.
Expert:  lexpert replied 5 years ago.
Is the check engine light on solid or does it blink when you're driving it?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The engine light is on solid.
Expert:  lexpert replied 5 years ago.
This needs to be plugged into a scan tool to get codes.....do you have access to a scan tool or a large auto parts store near by that does a free code chec service as many now do?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I don't have access to a scan tool to get the codes. Is this something I can purchase? Also, is this something that can be done at autozone or O'Reilly's?
Expert:  lexpert replied 5 years ago.
Yes autozone does free code checks, I need code #'s that are stored to help you in this case.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Will get them and send later.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The code number is XXXXX shift solenoid D malfunction.
Expert:  lexpert replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for the reply. You are most likely looking at a transmission failure here. We commonly see this code as internal transmission wear takes it's toll and the system loses internal pressure and the aility to make the ca move. The best and most cost effective solution/repair is a remanufactured transmission from a toyta or lexus dealer, this will run you around $4,000. Make sure you have the engine's rear main oil seal replaced while the transmission is out.