Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Lexus Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Lexus Diagnostics
18617752

Lexus IS 250 how do you change a headlight bulb in a lexus

Customer Question

how do you change a headlight bulb in a lexus IS 250
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Genchi Genbutsu replied 3 years ago.

Genchi Genbutsu :

Thanks for using Just Answer for your needs. There isn't a specific procedure in the Lexus Repair manual for this but this video of an Xenon conversion may help you in seeing what steps are involved in accessing the headlight bulbs....

Customer :

this does not explaing the replacement of a bulb. It explains the installation of new type HID light. This is of no use

Genchi Genbutsu :

I apologize. Let me get another Expert for you.

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 3 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer.com! My name is DriveFast71(Ron) and I will do my best to answer all of your questions completely and accurately.

• Remove the bolt and washer hose.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
  • Remove the headlight socket cover as shown in the illustration.
  • Remove the headlight gasket.
NOTE: After the headlight gasket is removed, be sure to replace it with a new one. Failure to do this may cause water ingress.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

• Release the set spring and remove the discharge headlight bulb as shown in the illustration.
NOTE: After the discharge headlight bulb is replaced, make sure that it comes on. Then, reinstall all the parts that were removed to replace the bulb.
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 3 years ago.

Hi! New Tech here....

Hope this help!

• DISCONNECT CABLE FROM NEGATIVE BATTERY TERMINAL
  • REMOVE COOL AIR INTAKE DUCT SEAL
  • REMOVE ENGINE ROOM SIDE COVER
  • REMOVE WASHER HOSE
  • Remove the bolt and washer hose.

• Remove the headlight gasket.

• Separate the light control ECU socket as shown in the illustration.