GEORGEBMW1
GEORGEBMW1, Owner Auto Repair Shop
Experience:  Master Technician over 20 years Dealership Experience. Auto Repair Shop Business Owner

Lexus RX330 my VSC light & check engine lights are on, and

Customer Question

my VSC light & check engine lights are on, and recently i noticed a bit shaking when i try to slow down and stop..
i even noticed when i am filling gas, it stops before it really fill the usual..
Category: Lexus
Expert:  GEORGEBMW1 replied 3 years ago.

GEORGEBMW1 :

Did you have the fault memories read out?

Customer :

no..

Customer :

what is that?

Customer :

i am not that gd in english, if you can explain more please..

GEORGEBMW1 :

The control moduels for the check engine & vsc lights have come on because something in the system is faulted, and when something is faulted it will stored the fault codes for it. This way the proper diagnosis can be performed to see what is causing your problem.

Customer :

obviously yes, something is wrong, and that why i am contacting..

Customer :

so, what do you think the problem might be?

GEORGEBMW1 :

It can be a number of things this is why the fault memories need to be read out, there are hundreds of fault codes that can be set in the system. There is no way for me to know what the problem is with out the fault codes.

Customer :

po430 p0303 p0455 p0037

GEORGEBMW1 :

DTC P0037 OXYGEN SENSOR HEATER CONTROL

CIRCUIT LOW (BANK 1 SENSOR 2)

GEORGEBMW1 :

DTC P0303 CYLINDER 3 MISFIRE DETECTED

GEORGEBMW1 :

DTC P0430 CATALYST SYSTEM EFFICIENCY BELOW

THRESHOLD (BANK 2)

GEORGEBMW1 :

P0455 Control System Leak

GEORGEBMW1 :

Fault code P0037 is for Bank # X post cat O2 sensor heater control which is usually the O2 sensor has failed and you will need to replace that O2 sensor.

GEORGEBMW1 :

P0430 means that the catalytic converter for bank # X is no longer good internally and will need replacement.

GEORGEBMW1 :

P0303 means that something is causing cylinder # X to misfire, this will need to be diagnosed as to what is causing the misfire. Possible causes ignition coil, fuel injector, air leak.

GEORGEBMW1 :

P0455 means that the fuel evaporative system has a leak in it somewhere, the system will need to de diagnosed with the proper tools in order to determine where the leak is.