GEORGEBMW1, Owner Auto Repair Shop
Experience:  Master Technician over 20 years Dealership Experience. Auto Repair Shop Business Owner

2004 lexus: es..Cd in dash plays fine.

I have a 2004 lexus es 330. A cd is stuck in the cd magazine, cds in the magazine would not play. Cd in dash plays fine. I told service department cd was stuck in the "holder" and those would not play but cd in dash played fine. They replaced the changer and then told me the magazine also had to be replaced. It seems they should have replaced the magazine first and then the changer - if necessary. Should they have replaced the changer first?
Category: Lexus
Expert:  GEORGEBMW1 replied 5 years ago.

Usually it is the changer at fault and it is normally replaced 1st, depending on what failed internally and in what part of its operation it was in. It can also cause damage to the magazine also, but most of the time you won't know until you have the new changer installed 1st.

Thank you very much,

I will always leave positive feedback all I ask is for the same.