GEORGEBMW1, Owner Auto Repair Shop
Experience:  Master Technician over 20 years Dealership Experience. Auto Repair Shop Business Owner

Lexus: gas cap not fully tightened

2007 GX 470: VSC lights "VSC Off" and an engine light are on. Can't figure out what to do. Service gal at XXXXX XXXXX Lexus in Salt Lake City said it sometimes has to do with a gas cap not fully tightened (huh?). Then I said that my wife had filled gas and accidently drove off without it. It had been without a gas cap for few days. She said it would it. However, cap is tight and was replaced over a week ago. Same VSC lights remain. Any ideas?
Category: Lexus
Expert:  GEORGEBMW1 replied 5 years ago.

What happened with this question you had asked?

Customer :

Have not yet tried to solve that item asked in Sept 2010. Vehicle in another state.

Customer :

Please send booster removal details and any pics, diagrams, or references to my email if possible. Guy in SD is very creative and savy when little resources are available. Does all of his own auto work as well as for others. Not an ASE professional, but gets things done...somehow.

I believe dangtoo has put a lot of time and effort into helping you with your question in September.