Amedee
Amedee, Lexus Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

Lexus GS300 my traction light is on in my 93 gs300.... an

Customer Question

my traction light is on in my 93 gs300.... an also when I tried to drive the car it feels like the brakes are being applied... an smell like brakes are lock on the back wheels
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Amedee replied 3 years ago.

Hello!

Is the brake light on also with the traction light or is it just the traction light?

Does the engine have low power?

Do you know the code number in the computer?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No the brake light is not on.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No the brake light is not on.... Nothing wrong with the engine power...No I don't know the code.
Expert:  Amedee replied 3 years ago.
Is the check engine light on?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
no the check engine light is not on
Expert:  Amedee replied 3 years ago.

Ok.. there is a code or codes in the computer causing this light to come on. We need ot pull codes to see what is gong.

Here is the procedure from alldata.

Data Link Connector

1. Turn ignition switch to ON position.
  2. Disconnect short pin from DLC1, see Fig. 28.
  3. Using diagnostic check wiring tool No. 09843-18020 or equivalent, connect terminals Tc and E1 of DLC1 and DLC2.
  4. Read code from ABS warning light on combination meter. If no code appears, inspect diagnostic circuit.
  5. After completing check, disconnect terminals Tc and E1 and turn off display. If more than one trouble code is stored, lowest number will appear first.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok...but what is causing the brakes to be on ..when I put the car in dtive or reerse the cat doesn't
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok... But what is causing the brake to be on if I put the car drive or reverse it won't move its like the brakes are applied..
Expert:  Amedee replied 3 years ago.

Your E brake could be stuck or one of your calipers could be locked up making it feel like the brakes are on constantly.

I DO hope you found my Answer to be helpful regarding your vehicles condition. IF SO-please hit **ACCEPT** as you read this Answer, in order that I may receive credit for my time, thanks. BONUSES & Positive Feedback Most appreciated!

Please Note: I receive ZERO Credit until & unless you choose to ACCEPT my well thought-out Answer.

REGARDS

AMEDEE

Edited by AMEDEE on 11/11/2010 at 2:49 AM EST
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Had that checked alright emergency brake not on an checked the calipers an thier working find..is it possible it could have somthing to do with the traction control pump or traction contol system.
Expert:  Amedee replied 3 years ago.

It is possible.. but I have never seen it...

One of the tires needs to be locked up or is dragging. You can jack up one side of the vehicle at a time to see which one it is...if this is not it... then maybe one of the front tires are not moving freely because of the axles or the transmission is not letting it move.

The only other thing would be an engine performance issue...

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
tried that also jacked up the the car all for wheels. The back wheels would not turn freely when car was put in drive an also netural
Expert:  Amedee replied 3 years ago.

YUP!

THat is definitely a problem!

Lets pull the codes from the computer... I have a a feeling this will point us in the right direction.