Tom, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician qualified to work on all makes and models.

2004 lexus rx330: hi, clicking sound..servo motor..same noise

hi, clicking sound from right side of dash on 2004 lexus rx330 resumed 2 years later after having servo motor replaced by lexus for same noise. Is this something that I can replace myself and any ideas on how to avoid reoccurrence?
Ok so its the same exact noise as before ? Does it happen more when switching from hot to cold or floor to defrost?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

It seems the colder the auto setting is put at, the quicker it will reduce the frequency of clicking.

Haven't noticed a pattern in the floor vs defrost but haven't tried it much.

Ok this is usually an issue with the air mix motor this is what was replaced last time . To can repair this yourself .
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
how do I identify which one it is? Once I remove the glovebox is it easy to get to or what else is involved?
It's easily accessible from under the dash. Just make sure you remove the one that's making that noise . Also once it's removed make sure there is no debris or any broken or binding pieces . You can also get the part from a salvage yard to save even more money.