lexpert, Lexus Master tech
Experience:  Master Certified with lexus, 8 years experience with Lexus

I have a 2002 Lexus ES300. My VSC and TRAC OFF lights turn

I have a 2002 Lexus ES300. My VSC and TRAC OFF lights turn on and stay on when the car goes over 6 miles per hour. I have a basic code reader. I got the ABS light to come on when the reader was plugged in. While ABS light was on the VSC light started to blink a sequence. I interperated the code to be 39. When I look up this scenario on Alldata it suggests that the rear left wheel sensor needs replaced. If that is the case the sensor looks to be built into the wheel bearing so it looks like the rear hub needs to be replaced to correct this problem. In other words the rear sensors are not simply replaced like the front ones. I just need someone who has much more experience than me to confirm this. Thanks.
Hello and thank you for using just answer!
You are correct that these are built into the hubs, it comes as an assembly and the sensors are built into the caps of the inner hubs.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
So just to confirm the VSC light can flash a trouble code without me having to take it to a tech to charge me to hook up a code reader. Like I said it was a code 39. thanks
Yes a code 39 is an issue with the driver rear speed sensor, if this was another code I would recommend some proper diagnostics be done at a shop but with this specific code I am pretty confident in replacing the hub assembly, normally what happens on this specific code is the rotor that the sensor detects gets loose in the hub so this reads eratically. Put a hub assembly on it.