lexpert, Lexus Master tech
Experience:  Master Certified with lexus, 8 years experience with Lexus

How do I reset the engine immobilizer on a GS300 Lexus

Customer Question

how do I reset the engine immobilizer on a GS300 Lexus
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Tom replied 6 years ago.
What was done to the car that it is not operating?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
my husband was listening to the radio with the engine turned off, and he then shut the radio off, but did not shut the car off completely (? from the ACC mode) He walked away with the fob, and when we went to start the car about 90 minutes later - it would not start. The green light was still lit on the start button, but nothing else works in the car. I had a similar incident in May, and the AMA guy did something with the battery, locked and unlocked the driver's door - and the car then started - but I can't really remember what he did.

Expert:  Tom replied 6 years ago.
OK this is what you do disconnect the battery both terminals for 5 minutes then reconnect them it should reset .Also make sure the battery has a full charge .This is the next step.

Hoped this helped.

Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated.
Expert:  lexpert replied 6 years ago.

That actually will not clear it, when you disconnect the battery and then reconnect it you actually activate the security shutdown for this system, reply back if you still need help on this issue.