Tom
Tom, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician qualified to work on all makes and models.
3827149

How do you change the front, passenger side, turn signal bulb

Customer Question

How do you change the front, passenger side, turn signal bulb for a es300 lexus? I removed the headlight bolt and small screw and still can't remove the headlight (which I am assuming you have to do to even get to the turn signal bulb). I see no visible access to this bulb. I am afraid to pry the turn signal lens cover off from the outside. Please help, Thank you, DB
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Tom replied 6 years ago.
The turn signal lens is attached to the headlight on this car.Remove the 1 Phillips head screw from the top to be able to remove it there is also a clip that holds it about halfway down on the headlight.You will need to pry the turn signal from the headlight to remove it .This diagram will help.

graphic

Hoped this helped.

Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
do I have to remove the whole headlight to get to bulb or do I just pry out the turn signal lens cover from the front? What does the clip look like? is it on the back of head light or on the inside fender?
Expert:  Tom replied 6 years ago.
No just pry it from the headlight the cover doe not come off the bulb is removed from the back of the headlight.Its the back of the headlight .
Expert:  Tom replied 6 years ago.
This is a little easier in laymans terms.Underneath there should be a philips screw going through a bracket coming off the corner of the turn signal housing. It will be located right between the turn signal housing and the headlight.Remove the Phillips screw and the housing will slide forward out of the vehicle.The back edge has a pop-in fastener holding it, so it may not release immediately. Sometimes you need to use a small screw driver and pry it out in a forward motion to release it.Once it slides forward, you can unhook the connector and replace the bulb.If you are still having issues let me know.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
as you can tell, I am not very mechanical and I do not want to pay a mechanic $100 to change a light bulb. This is my first attempt at doing this, and I do not want to break something so I know I might be asking really elementary questions, but I want to make sure I am doing this right. I have taken out the small phillips screw and I can slightly move/wiggle the complete side turn signal light cover/unit, but I am afraid to pull it out completely since there is some resistance. I do not see where the pop in fastener is located exactly. Do I pull this whole lens unit out completely to get to the bulb? I still can't see where the lens cover is being held. Do I pry it out from the front of the car or from the inside of the fender somewhere.
Expert:  Tom replied 6 years ago.
Ok take a flat screw driver and pry it out where the turn signal light meets the fender and pry it forward and it will come out .No problems Im here to help and say you money.
Expert:  Tom replied 6 years ago.