Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Lexus Expert

what does check VSC mean

what does check VSC mean? Went out to start the car this morning and it wouldn't start but did after jumping it.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 6 years ago.

This is an acronym for Vehicle Skid Control or some refer to it as Vehicle Stability Control. Did you need more detailed information on how the system works or are you just looking for general information because your light is on?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
What do I do to get the light off?

If the VSC light is on this is a warning light indicating that there is a malfunction. You would need to have the system checked at a dealership to find out what codes are set in the system causing the light to come on. With a code number I can better advise you as to what the potential problem could be. If you need a second opinion after having the system checked at the dealer deal free to post back here and I can find out whether they are shooting straight with you or not. I don't remember specifically on that year and model whether or not there is a shutoff switch for traction control/vehicle skid control systems. If you did not push any buttons or you're not getting any warning light saying that the system is shut off then this would lead me to believe that there is a malfunction in the VSC system.

Edited by Skyvisions on 2/5/2010 at 2:22 PM EST