Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Lexus Expert

my keyless remote will lock the car doors. It will not unlock

my keyless remote will lock the car doors. It will not unlock them, or the
trunk nor will it engage the panic alarm. The doors all lock & unlock from
inside the car. The remote battery has been replaced. Where do I start to look at the problem? A new remote or is it somewhere in the car?
Thanks for your help.

Ron @[email protected]
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 6 years ago.

If the door locks work normally with both switches on the inside of the vehicle and if you use the key in the lock cylinder of the door to unlock one door and then hit it again to unlock the other doors with the power door locks there probably is no malfunctions inside the car. The wireless door receiver is receiving the signal because you said that it will lock the doors. This only leaves the option that the unlock button on your remote is probably no good. Most Lexus dealers have an RF frequency receiver to check this. Do you have a second remote to try or do they all do the same thing? The odds are the remote is probably bad if all of the other door functions are working normally. Do not succumb to buy an aftermarket or remote control off the Internet I have a lot of problems with those trying to program.