Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Lexus Expert

I have a 2002 Lexus RX-300. The driver door (door lock actuator)

I have a 2002 Lexus RX-300. The driver door (door lock actuator) does not lock automatically. I had a professional body shop open the door and check it. They told me that the solenoid is bad, actually known as the actuator. The Lexus Dealer sells this part as a whole unit that includes all the doors and windows switches on the driver's door panel and the Dealer sells it at $372 + tax. I have also found "" sells this unit for about $100 less as they sell at wholesale. Can the Actuator itself be changed and not the entire harness/unit? If so, where can I buy a new replacement at a reasonable price? I have searched on-line and found universal units, but the rep tells me that I have to modify the door to accommodate this actuator. Therefore, buying a universal actuator is out of the question, as I think this will make things worse. What can you suggest I can do to get this fixed at a reasonable price?
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 6 years ago.

The actuator is built into the whole assembly. It is not serviced separately. Do not succumb to the temptation of buying the supercheap part that you have to modify the door in order to make work. This will only make life more difficult for you. In my professional opinion by the part $100 cheaper than the dealer at wholesale prices as you mentioned above and install it.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Do you know of a better source for me to buy Genuine Lexus parts at the lowest price?

You could try they may be able to give you access to Lexus parts at good prices send them an e-mail see what they say.