Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Lexus Expert

2001 RX: mi..Trac con, vsc and check engine lights came on and remain

2001 RX 300, 194K mi. Trac con, VSC and check engine lights came on and remain on after several restarts and local driving.

You have many options with today's internet so Thank you for choosing

Provided it otherwise seems to be running normal 80 to 90 percent of the time it is an emission related failure. If there is an Auto Zone or other major parts store near by they do free engine code reads. If you can get me the engine code I can better advise you and probably save you a bunch of money. The VSC and TRAC light come on by default when the check engine light comes on.

P.S. I take great pride in providing quality responses for the people I assist. If you believe that I have been professional and helpful in my assistance please don't forget to give a positive rating for this exchange and click the accept button. If you feel my answer does not address your issues, please just tell me and I will opt out, allowing another technician to address your situation. My Goal is to make this experience one you appreciate.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks Randy, I'll get it over to get the code at 6:00P.M. tonight.

I will be on line most of the evening. Just post the code numbers and I will get back to you with the best course of action..

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Hi Randy, Bill Henderson here. The DTC is P1130 Manfacurer contrl. Fuel Air Metering.

I'm guessing I need to replace the Air Fuel Meter. Is that right?

This 1130 code indicates a range performance malfunction in the bank one sensor one air fuel ratio sensor. This is the AFR sensor located in the back exhaust manifold by the firewall. 80 to 90% of the time it is a bad sensor. To confirm this you need to have a data list scan tool that will monitor the voltage of the AFR sensor. While doing this if you create an intake leak the voltage should go higher than 3.3 V up to 4.5 V. While spraying carb clean in the intake the voltage should drop to approximate 1.5 to 2.2 V. This will confirm the range performance of the AFR sensor. If the AFR sensor is in fact not performing to specifications try to stay with a good Toyota or Lexus sensor when you replace it. I find that the aftermarket AFR sensors are lacking in reliability.