lexpert
lexpert, Lexus Master tech
Experience:  Master Certified with lexus, 8 years experience with Lexus

2004 Lexus RX330: lights come..brakes..VSC / ABS / low tire pressure)

Hi, I have owned my 2004 Lexus RX330 for 2 years now. I am having a problem and was hoping someone could give me direction.
These four trouble lights come on (brakes / VSC / ABS / low tire pressure). They come on while the car is running and go off after just a short time. They do not come on when I first start the car. Also, they are not on long enough to go to the dealer while they are still on. I have noticed that my car's gas mileage is down 3 mph ever since this has been happening. Any help is greatly appreciated!! Sue
Category: Lexus
Expert:  lexpert replied 5 years ago.

Hello and thank you for using just answer. The most important thing here is getting the codes. If the lamp comes back on then the important thing is to NOT shut the vehicle off, many abs codes clear out after the vehicle is shut off and if the warning indicator comes on then you need to drive it to the dealer so they can capture the codes while they are still stored.

There are not any "known" issues with these systems on your car. It may likely be due to low voltage, be sure that the battery is carefully tested to see if low voltage may be an issue here. If the battery tests good then the alternator also needs to be tested.

As far as the tire pressure light, you need to check to be sure that all pressures are even and tires sizes match, then push and hold the tire pressure reset button under the driver dash for 5 seconds with the key in the "on" position and vehicle not moving. The tire pressures are monitored by the ABS control ECU on this vehicle and need to be reset evrytime the pressures are adjusted, tires are rotated or tires are replaced or the light will falsely come on at times.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Thanks. The deal is "all four of these lights" come on for a period of time. I did make sure to reset the tire pressure light. However, it still happens. On Aug. 31, 2008 I did have one tire replaced---but, this was not long after I had 4 new tires put on, so I think the four tires should have close to the same tread....

Thanks for your help.

Expert:  lexpert replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for the reply. The tire light was just a side note, all 4 of these indicators are related to the ABS system computer, either voltage is an issue or a code is being stored in this system. Thank you and let me know if you need more clarification on this.
lexpert, Lexus Master tech
Experience: Master Certified with lexus, 8 years experience with Lexus