lexpert, Lexus Master tech
Experience:  Master Certified with lexus, 8 years experience with Lexus

I have a 94 lexus SC400 and would like to know how to remove

I have a 94 lexus SC400 and would like to know how to remove the starter & solenoid, and put the new one on. I would like detailed information on the repair. I do greatly appreatiate all the help.                                                         XXXXX XXXXX. thank you so much !!!!

Hello and thank you for using just answer. This is a VERY big job, you will be sick of this car by the time you are done with this repairWink. I do have a few tips for you here first.

-I recommend you have a VERY long extension and a 14mm swivel socket, the 2 bolts that hold the starter in face the transmission and I have found that the easiest way to remove/install the 2 bolts is by removing the rear transmission mount once the intake is off and reach the swivel socket up to the starter from the tailshaft area of the undercarriage.

-Tip 2- be sure to order new intake gaskets first. I recommend you use compressed air and clean out the engine area and under the intake as best as possible before you start. The engine collects a lot of dirt under the intake and the valves will be directly exposed to contamination once these intakes are removed.

Ok now on to the repair, I have loaded a VERY detailed repair guide for you here, open the link I loaded to below and be sure to print or save the file for your use, the file is 1.07MB and 30 pages long. Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX and please give me a reply and an accept once you are completed with the download so that I know you recieved it. Thanks!

Thank you for your replies and positive feedback, pleae reply back to verify that you were able to save or print that file. Thank you!