Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Lexus Expert
8257649

How to install new brake pads on 2001 lexus es300

Click the link below for the info.

RXXXXX XXXXX

LINK

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
There are 2 bolts that hold the sliding caliper assenbly together. DO I need to remove them in order to replace the brake pads and have clearance to replace the caliper on the disc?

There 2- 14 mm head bolts that are on the slides that have the rubber boots need to come out. These are the only two bolts you need to remove in order to pull the caliper off of the pads. If you are planning on replacing the rotors or just want to take the pad holder off there are two additional 17 mm headed bolts that hold the pad holder to the steering knuckle. This will allow you to put the pad holder into a vice to clean the grooves were the pads slide. At this point if you want to replace the rotor or machine the rotor which I recommend that you do, the rotor will come right off the hub.

RXXXXX XXXXX