lexpert
lexpert, Lexus Master tech
Experience:  Master Certified with lexus, 8 years experience with Lexus
9414525

problems with acceleration on lexus is300

Customer Question

Category: Lexus
Expert:  bosterfeld1 replied 5 years ago.

Hello and Welcome to Justanswer.com! I need you to answer a few questions for me so I have a better understanding of the situation.

Did the problem occur before or after you replaced the plugs?

Is the check engine light illuminated?

How long has the problem been occuring?

What happens when you accellerate?

Please specify and I will be glad to assist you. Thanks!

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Did the problem occur before or after you replaced the plugs? It was internittent before.

Is the check engine light illuminated? It was on (don't know the code) It is not on now.

How long has the problem been occuring? short time

What happens when you accellerate? The engine falls on its face. It has no pickup and is slugish on take off.

Ok. Well if the check engine light was illuminated at one point, the code will be stored in the computer. I recommend you have the computer scanned for codes. Most auto parts stores will do this for free. If you bring me the codes, I will be able to give a more accurated diagnosis. Until we have the code, we're kind of shooting in the dark. Make sense? Let me know what youthink. Thanks!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I went to AutoZone and had the codes pulled from the computer they were P0110 and P0100. The car run ok when it gets going but if I jump on it it falls on it's face.
I'm going to refer this problem to the Lexus Category. Another Lexus expert will be along to help you shortly. Your patience is greatly appreciated. Thank You!
Expert:  lexpert replied 5 years ago.
Customer

I have just submitted a report to have your question moved and addressed in the appropriate Lexus category.

The codes you have pulled from the car are for the intake and air flow meter malfunctions, a couple things to check here. Open the hood and look on the passenger side where the air filter is located, just behind the air filter there is a sensor with 5 wires going to it that is referred to as the mass air flow meter. Check to be sure that this sensor is securely connected. If the sensor is securely conneted then remove the 2 phillips head screws that hold it in and inspect the sensor for contamination or dirt. You most likely have a loose electrical connection here or a defective sensor.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Did you get my last reply. The code was caused by a tech unpulging the sensor.
Expert:  lexpert replied 5 years ago.
That reply did not post, as i stated the 2 codes you have indicate the computer is not recognizing the sensor, unplugging the sensor will cause thee 2 codes, you must have this sensor plugged in for the car to run properly
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Will a Lexlis tech e-mail my?
Expert:  lexpert replied 5 years ago.
I have submitted a report to have this question moved to Lexus category, I am the top Lexus expert on this site and am also approved for the car category that you originally posted in, that is why I am now replying to you.
lexpert, Lexus Master tech
Experience: Master Certified with lexus, 8 years experience with Lexus
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
If you think of any think we should look at please send me an e-mail Thanks for the attempt. We will keep looking for the problem.
Expert:  lexpert replied 5 years ago.
As I stated above the sensor is your issue, if you hae installed a new sensor to the car and the code still comes back then the wiring needs to be tested btween the sensor and the ECM.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The code is not active at this time. The hesitation happens when the gas is stomped.