lexpert, Lexus Master tech
Experience:  Master Certified with lexus, 8 years experience with Lexus

93 lexus sc300: light

Customer Question

i have a 93 lexus sc300, my distributor o-ring went bad and leaked oil ontop of my alternator causeing it to fail from what i believe. ive replaced the alternator and battery several times and still the problem persists. at idle my battery light flashes but when reved past 2K it just stays on. my cars runing off the battery not the alternator and after awhile of driving the battery dies and the whole car turns off. ive got a feeling that the pig nose connector that goes to the back of the alternator may be bad but i dont know how to go about replaceing that. please help, thank you
Category: Lexus
Expert:  lexpert replied 8 years ago.
Hello and thank you for using just answer. You stated the o-ring on the distributor leaked...has this been repaired or is this an ongoing issue? Also did you install an aftermarket or dealer supplied alternator?