JHoop, Lexus Technician
Experience:  14 Year Engine Builder,16 years as a Tech HvyLine, Suspension, Electrical, Brakes, 6 Year Shop Owner

1999 Lexus LX470: two wheel dolly..motor home..transfer case

I want to tow my 1999 Lexus LX470 on a Towmaster two wheel dolly behind a motorhome for about 2500 miles. I have been told all I need to do is put the transfer case in N. Is this true?
Category: Lexus
Expert:  JHoop replied 8 years ago.
Hello milell williams, my name isXXXXX you for choosing

No...That is NOT correct. The only way Lexus recommends you towing any vehicle behind a Motor home, is by "Dinghy" Towing (ALL 4 Wheels on the Ground). Here is a reference guide for you to go by when Towing behind a Motor home.

But...according to this chart, your LX470 is not towable using this method...What they do say is use the Tow Hitch on the Rear Bumper. But this is for use if you are using the LX470 to tow another vehicle.
My recommendation.....Put it on a Flat Trailer and pull it behind that way. This will insure that your vehicle will not be damaged due to towing.

I hope this helps you. If you have any more questions or need any more diagrams, please don't hesisitate to ask...Thanks again, JHoop
Don't forget to click ACCEPT. Bonuses as well as Feedback are always welcome. Thanks. (Please understand, that just because you put a deposit down, is not paying for the answer. You MUST hit the ACCEPT button for me to receive credit.)