Legal Eagle, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed to practice before state and federal court
97407003

I have a judgement against me from an HOA for 1358. 32. The

Customer Question

I have a judgement against me from an HOA for 1358. 32. The document says my condo could be taken from me 30 days from May 25, 2017. I am making payments though. can the court automatically take it from me even though I am making payments. The HOA says they can do so only if they, the HOA, pursues this.
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state the association is in?
Customer: California
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I have a judgment from the court against me.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Expert:  Legal Eagle replied 12 days ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a California licensed attorney admitted to practice in state and federal court. I'll be here to help today! Do you mind if I take a moment to review your question? By the way, the system will automatically ask for a phone call. I am happy to speak with you, but by no means are you required to accept it.

The answer to your question is yes, they can enforce the judgment that they have against you; however, if you are making payments, then the HOA is likely not going to do that. If they were to enforce the judgment, they would also have to go back to the court and request another hearing so they could force you to pay - not something most of them enjoy doing. Accordingly, as long as you are making payments toward satisfying the judgment, you should probably not expect that they will take your home.

Follow up questions are free, so please feel free to ask away. You can also click here in the future to request me individually. If you don’t have any additional questions, were you satisfied with my service today?