Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

In Illinois is there given minimum time to respond to

Customer Question

in Illinois is there given minimum time to respond to summon, I am trying to motion to quash old judment and it was filed more than 30 days before served to me?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: IL
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: it is old case 2006, recently reopend by plantif and they looking to revive judment my line of defense is insuffient service
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am looking for advise how to motion to quash this matter
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Expert:  Expert James replied 8 days ago.

Hello! Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is***** have over 12 years of legal experience.

What happened with the original summons and complaint? What did you do in response, and when did you do it?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
it was served uppon mu wife for her and for me also as substitute, defoult judgment was awarded to plantif, and after that there were few times I had to go to court ,ex. discovery of assets, and after few years it went away, now 11 years after I was served again to show up at court for revival of old judgment where I heard Judge that I can contest it but at the original court

What kind of case is it?