Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I want to go to a civilian doctor for an IUI and I'm willing

Hi, yes I want to go to a civilian doctor for an IUI and I'm willing to pay out of pocket for it. I don't want to involve the military or use their medical insurance for it. Could I get into trouble for that?
JA: Are you overseas or stateside?
Customer: Stateside
JA: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?
Customer: No ma'am, I am afraid they will say I can't go through with this decision for whatever reason.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No ma'am, I'm just curious as to it u can do it or not.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You can choose to go off site to a civilian doctor for IUI. If you become pregnant, that is not grounds for a discharge, you are simply put on medical leave or restricted duty until the baby is born.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
they cannot punish me for going to someone without their referral?
Thank you for your reply.
If you are seeing a civilian doctor and paying out of pocket then they cannot punish you.
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Awesome thank you so much!
Thank you for your reply.