P. Simmons, Attorney
Experience:  16 yrs. of trial experience
11181181

My daughter was in a wreck and was put in the same ambulance

Customer Question

My daughter was in a wreck and was put in the same ambulance as the other party. She wasn't put on a backboard. The other party harassed her while in the ambulance. Is this a HIPPA violation?
Submitted: 5 days ago.
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Sorry, but my daughter also was hit by a city council woman and the police report isn't correct. Is there anything that we can do?
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 5 days ago.

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

Expert:  P. Simmons replied 5 days ago.

I am sorry for this dilemma

HIPAA is the federal law that covers patient records. One patient harassing another patient is not covered by HIPAA

As for the police report? An error in a police report would not prevent your daughter from seeking damages for any injury she may have sustained

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.

Expert:  P. Simmons replied 5 days ago.

Hi
Experts on this site (myself) are compensated ONLY if the customer (yourself) "rate" or "accept" the answer.

Do you have more questions regarding this?

Thanks for your understanding
Phil