How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RobertJDFL Your Own Question
RobertJDFL, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 13176
Experience:  Experienced in multiple areas of the law.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
RobertJDFL is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What is a SACPR, texas, no my childrens father is saying he

Customer Question

what is a SACPR
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: texas
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no my childrens father is saying he will file it if i do not allow him to pick her up
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Their father has been in and out of jail, rehab, he was just arrested in February at a known drug motel and then detoxed in jail. He got out about 2 months ago. This is the first time he has attempted or stated he will pick her up tomorrow. He has never paid $1 in child support, he has not worked in over 2 years and states he is living with a girlfriend whom I have no info on, I have no address for him etc
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 9 days ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. I am a licensed attorney and look forward to helping you. I am reviewing your question and will reply back shortly.

Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 9 days ago.

Good morning,

It's an SAPCR -A "Suit Affecting the Parent Child Relationship." This is filed with the courts to determine child custody and visitation and can be filed by either parent. What he is telling you is he is going to seek custody or visitation through the courts since you will not allow him to pick up his child.

Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 9 days ago.

You have no legal obligation-if there is no custody/visitation order in place - to allow him to pick up your child, but it is unlikely, should he file, that he wouldn't be denied some level of visitation with the child. If he's had no contact or limited contact with the child up to this point, and given his drug and criminal history, I cannot see a judge granting him the right to pick up your child right off the bat. If he does file such a petition, you can always request that visitation be supervised at first or take place say at your home while you are present. You can also request -though it is entirely in a judge's discretion - that he take a drug test and show he is clean before any visitation is allowed.

Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 9 days ago.

If you require any additional information or clarification, please REPLY WITHOUT RATING and I'll be happy to assist you further. Otherwise, if you have no additional questions, please remember to leave a positive rating by clicking on the stars at the top of the page. Thank you.