LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I am a practicing attorney with more than 3 decades of experience in the legal field.
15277592

I have a co-worker that is in the process of losing her

Customer Question

I have a co-worker that is in the process of losing her house. Her bank is wells fargo. How long does she have to try to save it. She has been told that she has to be out in July
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Washington
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: it went to foreclosure and they are being told that they have to be out by July 7th
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
My email address is***@******.***
Expert:  LawTalk replied 8 days ago.

Good morning,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your friend's situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

Under WA law, there is no right of redemption after the sale of the property is made at the foreclosure auction, and your friend has only 2 options.

1. She has only until the foreclosure sale to redeem the property by paying the full amount of the loan.

2. She has until 11 days before the foreclosure sale to have the loan reinstated---and that will require the payment of all arrears, including penalties and legal expenses to date.

You may reply back to me again if you have additional questions, and I will continue to assist you.

I am not an employee of this site and I am only paid for helping you when you rate my service to you. Please remember to rate my service to you by clicking on the rating stars on your screen (preferably 5-Stars) so that I can be compensated for helping you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours well in 2017,

Doug

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
The Va has bought back the house in March went it went to Foreclouser. Is there any thing now that we can do.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 8 days ago.

As the VA has already taken back the property---that means that the foreclosure is complete. So no, there is absolutely nothing she can do---short of becoming a new buyer and buying the property from the VA. Unfortunately, that would require cash as she is no longer eligible for a traditional mortgage given the very recent foreclosure.

Please rate my service to you. Thanks in advance,

Doug