Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I don't know if I'm going to be charged for WC fraud what is

Customer Question

i don't know if I'm going to be charged for WC fraud what is the jail time, Don't know if the state will pick the case up or not
JA: Because consumer protection law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: its in FL
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: NO
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No nothing has not been filed or reported
Submitted: 6 days ago.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 6 days ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
In Florida, workers' compensation fraud is a third degree felony that carries penalties including fines and up to 5 years in prison and up to a $5000 fine. In addition to workers compensation fraud, you could additionally be charged with theft, which also is a third degree felony and carries the same penalties. If you believe there even could be charges, you need to hire a local attorney immediately because they can work with workers compensation to avoid criminal penalties and try to work out some civil penalty that would avoid you having a criminal record.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.