Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

Second opinion] My husband and I recently elected family

Customer Question

Second opinion] Hello. My husband and I recently elected family COBRA coverage through his former employer (voluntary resignation). We also cover our son who has Cerebral Palsy on the Cobra plan. This went into effect 4/1/17 and ever since we switched from his group plan to Cobra, his insurance is all of a sudden saying "these providers are out of network" - for our sons wheelchair.JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?Customer: This is in MNJA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?Customer: Which I KNOW I called into customer service in either Dec or Jan and they informed me his wheelchair vendor was in-network.JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?Customer: I asked United Health Care for an official complaint form and to listen to the recordings from customer service, but they have not sent me a complaint form.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 month ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am so sorry to read about your difficulties.

You need to contact United Health Care again and this time ask to speak with a supervisor. Usually, the issue would be resolved with a supervisor. Make sure to let the supervisor know that you did not have a problem with the provider being in-network until you switched to COBRA plan.

Best wishes,