Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

What can you do if you were a victim on a Ponzi scheme? We

Customer Question

What can you do if you were a victim on a Ponzi scheme? We may money to get ahead, but was not aware that the company was fraudulent.
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Georgia, but we are classified as net winners in North Carolina
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Not as of yet, but after June 5th there will be one...We were told that they emailed information to us to argue our case, but we did not receive until 2 weeks ago, and now it is too late
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Is it possible to file for bankruptcy in this sort of case? We do not have this type of money. The Net Winnings is so much more than we actually made
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 9 days ago.
I can suggest some options. would you like that information? please let me know and i will put it together and respond shortly. You can wait or come back later when we email you that a reply is ready. Thanks for your patience. This is not the answer. just an opening question so I can better focus the answer and make it more helpful.