Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

Our daughter attends a private catholic school we have

Customer Question

Our daughter attends a private catholic school we have gotten behind on tuition and met with the president in November to make arrangements for payment. He stated to us that he could secure 3000 dollars if we could get a loan for the balance of 9000 that would be 6000. Since we have applied for loans and have been turned down but my father came through for us and agreed to pay the 6000 but now the president will not honor his verbal agreement to secure the 3000 through diocese grant. This is our question is he bound by the verbal agreement he made witnessed by both my wife and I. Thank you for your input.
JA: Because education law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Ohio
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: We have had a tough year and 3 of our children have attended this school 2 of which graduated fully paid
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 12 days ago.

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. They offered the agreement and you accepted on the spot...and then they refused? Or did it play out some other way...

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
We are having a hard time making this work financially please let me know if you can help. I can't afford more debt at this time my # is:(###) ###-####

Can you speak on the phone? This would allow me to address your concerns directly. There is a nominal ($5) additional charge. I do not time my phone calls...we can converse until you receive the information you need.

If you are unwilling to speak on the phone I will opt out of this question and allow others to assist, if they are willing.

IMPORTANT NOTE: The website will likely send you an offer for a phone call for $59. PLEASE do not accept that or you will be charged $59 additional instead of $5 additional. You must first decline the offer for $59 before I am allowed to send you the $5 offer.

I am a user of this website, just like you and have no control over their billing.

Let me know if you have questions.