INFOLAWYER, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses
11313492

Can pictures from a kid's cell phone, that was illegally

Customer Question

Can pictures from a kid's cell phone, that was illegally searched, be used to get another child in trouble?
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Georgia and it was done at school by campus officer.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: The kid admitted skipping school and came back high on marijuana. He admitted it along with 2 others. The officer only searched one kid's phone, taking it for over an hour, and looking throuhj old texts and pictures. Another kid's picture was spotted apparently smoking at a off site campfire months earlier, and now is being reprimanded by his sport, being forced to miss first third of the season.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: They continued to threaten the kid with, You will not go to jail as long as you comply. Then the officer held the phone and told him to put in his passcode.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 1 month ago.
Where evidence obtained illegally it may not be used. The lawyer defending would raise the point and move to suppress and dismiss if needed. martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options. Kindly rate me five stars.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am disappointed that I still had to try to find the answer myself. I can google on my own for free.
What can I explain further?