Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I own a business and was invited to attend a convention as a

Customer Question

I own a business and was invited to attend a convention as a vendor. we have been working with the convention people for over a year. they assured us a spot in the convention. as of two weeks ago the still assured us as spot on the floor and even told us a price. all was good untill the day before the convention when we loaded or truck and drove the 100 miles to the show. we arrived at 830 ad was ready to unload, but the location that we had discussed was taken. I waited around for the individual who was in charge to discuss the issue, he already had an attitude, and ended up verbally assualting us and told us to leave the property. can I sue for lost revenue form the show?
JA: What state is this in? And how old is the truck?
Customer: our business is in colorado and the show was in wyoming. the truck is a 2102
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If you had a verbal agreement and relied on that agreement to incur a cost, then legally you can sue for breach of contract based on your detrimental reliance on the promises to seek the reimbursement of all costs incurred. However, you cannot sue for lost revenue as that is too speculative to show how much you would have made had you attended the show. The court would want concrete proof of the losses.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.