Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
11068102

Looking for an atty to represent me in a harrassment suit

Customer Question

Looking for an atty to represent me in a sexual harrassment suit against a V.A. doctor
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: in SL. FL.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: nothing at this time
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 10 days ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 10 days ago.

As the click through pages and the descriptions state, JustAnswer is a website where you can be provide with information on legal topics and have questions answered. It's not a law firm, nor a website from which any lawyer or other expert can be hired.

Did you have questions you needed answered?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
The basis for this stems from sexual harassment from a V.A. doctor. All details of this matter will be released to the attorney I choose. What I want to know at this time, is the order of my actions. Which should I start with; (1) filing a grievance with the V.A. against this doctor (2) filing a complaint with the state, or (3) letting my attorney make all decisions?
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 8 days ago.

Your best course of action would be to start with the lawyer. While they likely won't actually represent you in the actions with the VA or with the state, they will want to have some input on the documents you file because those documents can be used in the later lawsuit and therefore you want to be sure that they are consistent throughout and match with the theory of the case which will be used at trial.

Any attorney who has ever done cases which start with any kind of complaint to the government has been "bitten" by a document which has been poorly phrased or taken out of context when it comes time for the lawsuit and therefore consistency throughout is extremely important.

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a 5 Star Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work. Of course, please feel free to ask any follow-up questions in this thread. I want to be sure all of your questions are answered.