Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

My father drew up an irrovocable living trust on the condo

Customer Question

my father drew up an irrovocable living trust on the condo him and my mother owned. In the trust it is stated that when he dies I inherit 50% and when my mothers dies her 50% goes to my brother. He also leaves the right to habitation to my mother for the length of her life time. My mother and brother our suing my for half of all the fees they have incurred over the past 3.5 years. I had to hire a lawyer who has up to date billed me over $24,000.00 and we have not even been at trial. I don not know what she is doing, we now have a summary judgement dated for end of June, I have already paid her $20,000.00, I want to contest her legals bills and change lawyers. what do I do, what can I do, the estate has no money. I was in court in montreal over issues with these people and won and they asked the judge in montreal to rule about the sharing of expenses and he ruled that they are responsible that the only rights I have to this condo are after my mothers death. please i need help
JA: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Lawyer. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason. Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: The property is in Hallendale Beach Florida
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: lots
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: is there any recourse with legal fees that are charged. I never made a motion just a counter claim how can the person who made the motion be paying half of what i am paying
JA: I'm not sure of the exact price, but there's only a $5 deposit. The rest of the price information will be on the page I send you to.
Customer: how do i pay the $5.00
JA: PayPal, Debitcard or credit card are all fine.
Customer: i just want to make sure it is $5.00 only I cannot be put into the same position as i am now with a lawyer who has made it more difficult for me should i speak with the lawyer lst and tell her the problems she has caused
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 8 days ago.

Are you being sued in Canada or in the U.S.? Where do you live?