Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I am presently in the process of trying to open a

Customer Question

I am presently in the process of trying to open a resale/store fixture business. City inspectors (some of them) , XXXXXXX XXXXXXX, in particular is doing everything he can to delay or obstruct me from getting open. there is one example of the giving one white gentleman an occupancy permit without even inspecting the business(mr. XXXX XXXXXXXX ),whatever, when it comes to blacks many of them will go to extreme measures to delay your opening or obstruct it ever happening at all. I'm certain I'm, a black businessman, is being targeted now. what can I do?

JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Customer: Texas

JA: Has anything been filed or reported? Customer: no

JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Customer: yes. I'm in the process stage. they have not returned for a follow up, whatever, when I talked with him about the things he previously instructed to do orally and in writing, he told me there may be more things to be done. this is very usual. normally once they come out the frist time and tell you what need to be did and you do them, that's it.

Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 month ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am so sorry to read about this.

You need to contact your Attorney General's Office about your concerns. Click here for the contact information.

Goodluck with your new endeavor,