Michael Gonzalez
Michael Gonzalez,
Experience:  Managing Member at EWF Title, LLC
93419235

How must you hold on to a vehicle that someone has purchased

Customer Question

How long must you hold on to a vehicle that someone has purchased from you before you can dispose of said vehicle?.
JA: What state is this in? And how old is the car?
Customer: Washington state 2007 motorcycle
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not at this time
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Expert:  Michael Gonzalez replied 13 days ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.Do you have a written agreement for how long the vehicle would be available? If so, the terms of the agreement set forth how long you are to hold the car for the intended buyer.If there is no written agreement, was there an oral agreement about how long you would hold the car for the intended buyer. If not, then the vehicle would be held for a reasonable amount of time.I would call and write the buyer a certain date to buy the car and if not, his deposit gets returned and you sell the car to someone else. If the agreement was that the deposit would be refundable if the sale does not go through, you have to give the money back. If the agreement did not mention anything about refunding the deposit, you still have to return it.
Expert:  Michael Gonzalez replied 12 days ago.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback.Rating me costs you nothing. Thank you.

Expert:  Michael Gonzalez replied 9 days ago.

Do you have any further questions?