Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

If I was arrested and took him to jail and bailed out the

Customer Question

If I was arrested and took him to jail and bailed out the same day and the case took it to trial and get it dismissed before trial because of me showing evidence of being not guilty can I file a complaint for wrongfully arresting
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?
Customer: California long beach city and like a 3 or 4 months ago I been trying to civil lawsuit them cause I have video survalencw recorded phone call with these officers proving wrong and corrupt things violating right and endangering lives
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: They took me to jail for violation of the gang injunction for being outside past 10 o'clock at night which I showed video surveillance of me just moving my car only for street sweeper so they dismissed the case but I had to spend $1,000 on bail stay the night in jail and almost lost my job with the Union
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I know I have a case and I spoke into two civil rights lawyers but it seems like time is ticking and I don't want it to get too late before I can't do nothing about the wrongful doing
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 11 days ago.

I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. I'm reviewing your question now. Please be patient while I research and compose a reply for you.

Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 11 days ago.

You can file a complaint with the officer's superiors, with the chief of police, with Internal Affairs and with the State Attorney General. In that way you can trigger an investigation into the officer's unlawful conduct and get them sanctioned, perhaps suspended or even terminated from the force.

You can also contact a civil rights lawyer and sue the police and the country for a false arrest. The statute of limitations for that is a year in California, so you need to find representation and get moving on that now.

Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 10 days ago.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.