Legal Eagle, Lawyer
Experience:  I am a licensed attorney ready to answer your questions in a variety of areas.
97407003

I have a porch that was constructed with timberSil, and has

I have a porch that was constructed with timberSil, and has now deteriorated to the point where it is structurally unsound. I have pictures, and would like to know if I can proceed with a claim against the manufacturer of the lumber..It was mandated that this was to be the lumber used by the construction industry when my porch was built..
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Georgia
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: not yet..
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: it is an enclosed porch with windows and hardie plank walls..

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney with Just Answer. I'll be here to help today! Do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

By the way, the system will automatically ask for a phone call. By no means are you required to accept it.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Sure.

Great thanks! Just a moment...

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
rather type..

No problem. Those requests are automatic so you're free to ignore.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I had a contractor tell me that it will cost over 10K to replace the porch..

One moment, still reviewing...

Ok, you likely have a case that includes several causes of action:

1. Breach of contract - You agreed to purchase timber that was going to be structurally sound. The fact that it was not structurally sound means that the manufacturer did not perform their agreement as they had originally agreed to.

2. You could also sue for having a defective product.

Did you happen to suffer any physical or property injury as a result of the product at all?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
other than the floor caving in and the ceiling buckling on the enclosed porch..no.

I understand. The breach of contract action is one that you should definitely pursue. The product liability one is one that you could pursue, but your results may not be as good. For your information, product liability refers to a manufacturer or seller being held liable for placing a defective product into the hands of a consumer. Responsibility for a product defect that causes injury (even property injury) lies with all sellers of the product who are in the distribution chain. In general terms, the law requires that a product meet the ordinary expectations of the consumer. When a product has an unexpected defect or danger, the product cannot be said to meet the ordinary expectations of the consumer. The fact that the this product caused the floor to cave in and the ceiling to buckle suggests that you have case you should pursue. This manufacturing/design defect is such that you should seek an attorney to help you through this ASAP.

Follow up questions are free so did you have any additional questions? If not, were you satisfied with my service today?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
the question is who will take the case ?

You may want to speak with a personal injury attorney (click here) to help you out. You can explain to them what happened and chances are they will work to get you a settlement to help you repair the area and also compensate you as well. Oftentimes, they work on a contingency basis, meaning that they will only take a fee if they win.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
What type of specialized lawyer should I call ??
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Got it .. Thanks !!

The pleasure is all mine! Did you have any follow up questions?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No. I think I can pursue this with the info you have provided.

Great news! Further up on the screen you should see a chance to give me a rating. 5-stars are always appreciated, but it is definitely not required!