Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

I am looking for a lawyer that can represent me to filr a

Customer Question

i am looking for a lawyer that can represent me to filr a law suit against Fullerton Hotel at Singapore
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: i was staying at that hotel on 4/13/2017
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i had second degree burns over my chest and hands
Submitted: 4 days ago.
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 4 days ago.

I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. I'm reviewing your question now. Please be patient while I research and compose a reply for you.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
it is in Singapore
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
i just got back from Singapore. gotsecond degree burn at the Fullerton Hotel (5 star) when their buffet tray overheated and exploded, spraying boiling water ovrr my chest ans hands
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
went to ER, had doctor's letter
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
hotel did not compensate my medical bill
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
hello?
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 4 days ago.

Unfortunately, while you can sue from over here, that would be an international suit, and even if you win your judgment, you may have to go to the Singapore courts in order to get that judgment enforced so that the hotel pays you.

Also, unfortunately, per the terms of service of this website, legal experts are not allowed to make direct referrals to specific lawyers or law firms. Nor are we allowed to represent customers, because JustAnswer is not a law firm.

What I can do, however, is to direct you to the same services that lawyers themselves use when they need to find a lawyer in a particular field or state and don't know of one.

If you want to sue in Singapore, you could find a lawyer by contactiing the US Embassy or consulate over there, as they keep a list of them for Americans who get in difficulties abroad. By going through the Embassy or consulate you would ensure that you got a reputable attorney.

Another way to find a lawyer in Singapore would be to contact a lawyer referral service. A well-known international referral agency is HG.org. They have listings for lawyers in all Singapore cities.

To find a lawyer who can sue from the States, you could contact a referral service such as www.Martindale.com or www.Avvo.com. Many of their attorneys are peer and client rated, to help you narrow down your options.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
thank you
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 4 days ago.

You're very welcome.