Bill Attorney
Bill Attorney, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney
94475420

Need a defamation lawyer. Have a situation where a landlord

Customer Question

Need a defamation lawyer. Have a situation where a landlord is calling my sons employer(s) and telling them he's selling drugs, and other false statements to hurt his ability to work.
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Idaho
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Not yet
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, might start with cease and desist - might be beyond that
Expert:  Bill Attorney replied 2 months ago.

Dear Customer,

Thank You for posting your question to just answer today. This is attorney Bill offering legal information specific to your concerns.

Idaho State law allows a plaintiff to sue for damages caused by malicious communications in the form of civil slander action allowing the recovery of exemplary damages.

The procedure is outlined in statute that the plaintiff to serve a notice on the offending party requesting corrective action and damages. The notice can include a civil demand letter for damages before suing in civil court.

In addition to an action for slander because his employer was involved he can also sue under the tort of intentional interference of contractual relations.

SO there are two causes of action to the slanderous activity that has tarnished your son's public image available.

Here is a sample case covering those two civil causes and a third emotional stress.

https://casetext.com/case/sadid-v-vailas-2

Please remember to rate positively my response before exiting.

THIS IS HOW I GET A CREDIT FOR MY TIME AND RESPONSE

SO I HOPE YOU RATE 5 STARS TODAY

Thanks

Attorney Bill