Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  16 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs
19958803

Will my car insurance pay for an accident in which I have

Customer Question

Will my car insurance pay for an accident in which I have been sued?
JA: What medical records or other evidence do you have?
Customer: I was badly injured and am still using a walker but I understand the other person has injuries and is suing for loss of wages
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I have only received a certified letter saying I am being sued and I am an emotional wreck!!
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not everything in the lawsuit is 100 percent correct
Expert:  Barrister replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

Yes, if you had insurance at the time of the accident, then the insurer has a legal duty to provide legal representation to you if you are sued and try to settle any case for up to your policy limits.

.

If you have been sued, then you need to immediately contact your insurer and let them know so they can arrange to have an attorney represent you and them.

.

.

thanks