Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

How does a landlord have to make you move if there is no

Customer Question

how long does a landlord have to make you move if there is no leaase made
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: texas
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no she put a hand written notice on my door
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i was taking care of my mom but she passed and i wanted to get out of that house so it was her idea for me to move in here
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Expert:  Ely replied 9 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

In Texas, it is three days notice for non-payment or breach of rules of the lease otherwise (even if it is verbal). For no-fault termination, it is 30 days notice assuming you pay every month.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of THREE OR MORE STARS and then click FINISH to submit that rating, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating (it does not cost anything extra to rate).

Expert:  Ely replied 5 days ago.
Hello again. This is a courtesy check in to see if you needed anything else in regards ***** ***** question because you never responded or replied positively. I am simply touching base. Let me know. Thanks!