INFOLAWYER, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses
11313492

My (small) web hosting company has apparently deliberately

Customer Question

My (small) web hosting company has apparently deliberately damaged some of my websites. I know that this sounds strange but there has been a pattern of strange behavior that predates this. Threats, attempts at intimidation. Etc.
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Illinois
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Some of my websites are transgender oriented and the web hosting company is owned by a self profesed born again christian. Have no idea if this is a factor or not. His behavior seems bodering on mentally unbalanced.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 1 month ago.
Greetings! I am a legal expert on the site and am working on your question.
I am sorry this happened. I will do the following: 1. suggest options for pursuing a case 2. preparation tactics 3. way to find a local lawyer if you still wish to involve one but can save on fees by following steps 1 and 2
If you sue in court you may end up with a judgment. The judgment generally allows you to levy on bank accounts, lien real estate and work with the sheriff office civil enforcement division. Many lawsuits result in settlement - which expect the judge to encourage.You stand to recover not only your actual losses (compensatory damages) but also interest, costs and legal fees. on occasion special damages (punitive damages) are also available.You have a few options. Let me outline them. You can pursue a complaint in civil court. You may sue for losses suffered plus costs and interest. You can also file a complaint with the attorney general office. You can threaten these options before pursuing and use for leverage. local counsel can also get involved! A lawyer letter alone can often bring about a settlement as the other side realizes that you are serious and gets concerned about its risk and legal fees.martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.If I can clarify or explain anything further, just ask me. kindly rate me 5 stars.