Legal Eagle, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed to practice before state and federal court
97407003

Second opinion] LICENSED CONTRACTOR AND GETTING A 203K

Customer Question

Second opinion] I AM FLORIDA LICENSED CONTRACTOR AND GETTING A 203K RENNOVATION LOAN FOR A PERSONAL HOME I AM GOING TO LIVE IN. I AM TRYING TO FIND OUT IF IT WOULD BE A CONFLICT OF INTEREST FOR ME TO HAVE A PRIMARY CONTRACTOR BUT I MYSELF BE THE SUB CONTRACTOR
JA: Is this a fixed-rate or adjustable-rate mortgage?
Customer: FIXED
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: NO
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I HAVE A RENOVATION IDENTITY OF INTEREST FORM I CAN SEND FOR THEM TO LOOK AT IF THAT HELPS
Expert:  Legal Eagle replied 2 months ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney with Just Answer. I'll be here to help today! Do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

By the way, the system will automatically ask for a phone call. By no means are you required to accept it.

The answer to your question is no. Conflicts of interests usually show up when it is an issue of government contracts. If you worked for the government, dished out the $203,000, and you were the subcontractor on the project, then yes, that is a conflict of interest. In this case, you are receiving a private loan. The bank will not care whether you do it yourself or hire someone else. It will not create a conflict of interest.

Follow up questions are free so did you have any additional questions? If not, were you satisfied with my service today?