LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I am a practicing attorney with more than 3 decades of experience in the legal field.
15277592

We put a deposit on a dog 6wks ago, we were scheduled to

Customer Question

we put a deposit on a dog 6wks ago, we were scheduled to pick him up this weekend, just received E mail from kennel that they decided to keep the dog, they had sent me an E mail a couple weeks ago verifying that the dog was ours, what can I do to get the dog I want?
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: We are in Il the kennel is in In
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No I just have all the E mails between them and us, One of them says that the dog named Otis is ours after we picked him
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 10 days ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

You may either get your deposit back and look for another pet elsewhere, or you may sue the breeder/seller for Breach of Contract and seek to force the sale of the dog, or in the alternative the cost to you of locating another dog to buy elsewhere.

You may reply back to me again if you have additional questions, and I will continue to assist you.

I am not an employee of this site and I am only paid for helping you when you rate my service to you. Please remember to rate my service to you by clicking on the rating stars on your screen (preferably 5-Stars) so that I can be compensated for helping you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours well in 2017,

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 10 days ago.

Good afternoon,

Is there anything else I can assist you with today? It is possible that your questions and issues might be better served by an in-depth conversation with me. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a private phone conference.

Please know that I answered your question in good faith, providing you with the information that you asked for, and I did that with the expectation that you would act likewise and rate my service to you. If I have already provided you with the information you asked for and you have no additional questions, would you please now rate my service to you by clicking on the rating stars so that I can be compensated for assisting you? Rating me costs you nothing as you have already paid the deposit for my help. All rating does is ensure that I am paid for my time in working with you.

Thanks in advance for your rating of my service. It is greatly appreciated.

I wish you the best in 2017,

Doug