Legal Eagle, Lawyer
Experience:  I am a licensed attorney ready to answer your questions in a variety of areas.
97407003

Is there any way to prevent a grown child from having any

Customer Question

Is there any way to prevent a grown child from having any say in medical decisions should I become incapacitated?
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I am in Iowa.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just that I have two other adult children.
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Expert:  Legal Eagle replied 13 days ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney with Just Answer. I'll be here to help today! Do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

By the way, the system will automatically ask for a phone call. By no means are you required to accept it.

The answer to your question is yes. The easiest way to do this is to create a power of attorney in someone that you trust to make medical decisions on your behalf. A POA is very simple and if you click here, you can find a book on how to get a POA set up. This way, your daughter will not be able to make medical decisions on your behalf if you become incapacitated as the POA is bulletproof

Follow up questions are free so did you have any additional questions? If not, were you satisfied with my service today?

Expert:  Legal Eagle replied 9 days ago.

Hi, I noticed that we never had a chance to reconnect on this. I’m totally ready to help. Did you have any follow up questions for me or any other facts to add? If not, would you be so kind as to rate your opinion of my service?